Silver jubilee of Java programming language
25 years back 23rd May 1995 Sun Micro systems released Java programming language to the world. It was the brain child of Dr. James Gosling AKA Dr. Java. Here are few facts about Java programming language.
- Initially, Dr. Gosling named it Oak, named after the tree outside his office.
- There are 3+ billion devices runs java today and one-third of it is Android.
- There is around 10 million Java professional programmer and most of the enterprise still relies on Java.
- Java is one of the most popular programming languages still today, it comes just behind C programming language according to the programming language ranking website tiobe.com
- The Java mascot name is Duke.